Registration Rules and Regulations
- The commercial exhibit is intended for commercial enterprises – e.g., industry, governmental, for-profit and not-for-profit. The University Exhibit is exclusively dedicated to universities and their students.
- Reservations for exhibit space must be made online only. No telephone or temporary reservations will be accepted. Exhibitors will receive an email confirmation of exhibit space assignment.
- Exhibit space reservations must be made by the company intending to use the space. An authorized representative of the company must submit the online form. Online submission indicates the organization agrees to comply with all rules and regulations.
- Exhibit registration is limited to a maximum of one booth space (single, double, tabletop or executive suite) per organization per year. The executive suites may be split between two partner companies. Both companies must complete the online registration form.
- If different divisions/branches of an organization would like to request separate booth spaces, an online registration form for each division is required. Show Management reserves the right to limit the number of divisions accommodated.
- Co-exhibiting or sharing of exhibit space is prohibited.
- Mergers: credits are granted to the company name listed on the Exhibitor Registration Form. If a company then merges or is acquired, the resulting company may choose to use the highest credits of any of the previous companies. Credits will not be combined from merged companies.
- Company Divisions: Companies (or divisions) belonging to a parent company participating at the Conference cannot reserve exhibit space under the parent company’s credits unless they are participating under the parent company name. If the company (or division) chooses to exhibit on its own, it must earn and use its own credits to reserve space.
- Spin-Offs: Newly formed separate subsidiaries are eligible for half of the total exhibit credits of the parent company. All bonus credits remain with the parent company.
- Show Management reserves the right to make decisions deemed to be in the best interest of the Conference. All decisions made by Show Management regarding booth space eligibility are final.
Show Rules and Regulations
- Exhibitors may not resell, sublet, or share booth space with any other company without the express permission of Show Management. Management reserves the right to require special liability agreements from proposed consortiums prior to accepting booth registration.
- Executive Suites may be used for closed-door private meetings only during technical sessions and lunches, the exhibit must remain open during all breaks, and exhibit viewing times. All exhibit items, including signage, must be inside the suite.
- Exhibitors must check in at Conference Headquarters, located on second floor of the Taggart Student Center, on Sunday, August 6, 2017, from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Any organization arriving later than 2:00 p.m. is required to notify Show Management by July 28th. Any organization that does not act in accordance will be considered a “no-show” and booth space will be reassigned at the discretion of Show Management.
- Exhibits must be set by 10:00 a.m. on Monday morning. Any organization not in compliance is subject to a deduction of 3 credits.
- Exhibits must be completely set and remain set throughout the posted exhibit hours. A deduction of 3 credits per exhibit space will be applied to any organization that does not maintain a staffed booth during all stated exhibit hours, with the exception of lunch hour.
- An organization will lose 3 credits for any violation of the Show Rules and Regulations that cannot be remedied on-site. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Late set-up or early tear-down of an exhibit
- Violation of height and space restrictions
- Subletting an exhibit space
- Exhibiting organizations will be issued a quantity of free exhibitor name badges based on booth type. A limited quantity of additional exhibitor name badges can be purchased for a fee of $100 each. (see table below)
- Exhibitor names badges are intended for staff working in the exhibit booth.
- Exhibitor name badges will be assigned to specific individuals and may not be transferred at any time. Permanent substitutions may be made by the designated company representative only. Badges will be printed with the exhibiting organization’s name.
- Exhibitor name badges do not provide admission to the conference technical sessions.
Booth Type Number of Exhibitor Name Badges provided Quantity of Additional Exhibitor Name Badges company may purchase ($100 each) What about additional staff? Single 3 2 Additional staff must register for the conference. Early registration is recommended. Double 6 2 Tabletop 2 1 West Colony
6 4 Center Colony 10 4
- Exhibiting organizations are eligible to receive one discounted conference registration per exhibit space. All exhibitors planning to attend Conference technical sessions must register for the Conference.
- Cancellations of exhibit space and/or sponsorship will be refunded less a $250 cancellation fee. In order to be refunded (less the cancellation fee), exhibit managers must notify Show Management in writing by May 19, 2017. Thereafter, no refunds will be provided for cancelled reservations. In the event of show cancellation at any time, Show Management liability is limited to a full refund of exhibitor registration fees only.
- Exhibits must adhere to display specifications as detailed in the exhibitor kit, comply with ADA (American Disabilities Act) requirements, and maintain tasteful displays. Show Management reserves the right to require adjustments to exhibit materials to ensure display compliance.
- No signage, banners or other items are allowed outside of exhibit booth area and may not be hung from the ceiling or conference facility walls. Provided booth height is 8 feet. Signage and backdrops not to exceed 12 feet in accommodating areas. Contact Exhibit Manager for more specifics.
- Exhibits must comply with all fire laws, electrical codes, and all other rules, regulations, codes, statutes, or ordinances with respect to installation, conduct, and disassembly of exhibits. Exhibitors shall comply with all requests of the officials of the Conference facility and Show Management with respect to the installation, conduct, and disassembly of exhibits.
- Exhibitors must secure, at their own expense, appropriate liability/loss insurance and provide reasonable security for equipment and displays. The Conference and/or its affiliates will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage to exhibitor‐supplied equipment during any part of the exhibition. Security will be provided throughout the show.
- Exhibitors may not distribute, duplicate, sell, or otherwise misuse Conference participant lists provided to them.
- Utah State University is a dry campus. Possessing, consuming, selling, distributing, manufacturing, and/or storing any alcoholic beverage on campus is strictly prohibited. Any exhibiting organization found noncompliant with the USU Alcohol Policy will be removed from the exhibit.
- Gifts and giveaways must be professional in nature. Show Management reserves the right to review giveaways and stop distribution of distasteful items.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibiting organization to ensure display items and written materials are approved for public release and not controlled under ITAR or any other export control laws (applicable only to US-based organizations).
- Organizations exhibiting at the Annual AIAA/USU Conference on Small Satellites hereby agree to indemnify, protect, defend, and hold harmless the Utah State University Research Foundation and its trustees, officers and agents, employees and students from any and all liability including claims, demands, losses, costs, damages and expenses of every kind and description (including death) or damage to persons or property, including but not resulting, directly or indirectly, from any act or omission of the exhibitor, its agents or employees or on accounts of injuries, death or property damage arising out of activities of the exhibitor as authorized by this agreement, or arising out of its use of exhibitor services and facilities, or arising as the result of any noncompliance with the American Disabilities Act.
- In accordance with the terms, conditions, and regulations governing exhibits, by checking the agreement box on the online registration form, each organization agrees to abide by the rules and regulations as stated above or as specifically designated by Show Management. Once accepted and space confirmed by Show Management, the registration form becomes a contract. Failure to abide by show rules and regulations will result in forfeiture of all monies paid under terms of this agreement.
- Show Management reserves the right to take action deemed to be in the best interest of the Conference. This includes, but is not limited to, making changes to the exhibit layout, adjustments to location assignment, show schedule, and Conference-related activities.
- Show Management reserves the right to cancel any exhibit space at any time for misrepresentation of products displayed or for noncompliance with any of the rules and regulations.